Friday, February 5, 2010

Progress...ish

Sorry for the light posting this week everyone. Between the crappy weather and an unbelievably slow computer and other things, it's all I can do to not just curl up in bed all day and do nothing.
But nay! I will will myself out of entropy and persevere! My attempts at productivity this week have been frustrating at best, and I tell myself that things always must get worse before they get better and this is especially true of organizing. Unfair though it may be, here it is:




This is the look of progress. More has been made since these photos were taken day before yesterday, but I am still not finished.
When we moved in, our built ins held only DVDs and CDs. They fit perfectly, and coming from 850 square feet of no storage, you can imagine how amped I was to finally have a nice home for our massive media collection.
But then, and this always is the case after a big move, the function of our living room changed. Our TV wouldn't fit in here, so it got moved to the 3rd bedroom. Now all of our media is in a different room from the media center. Odd, no?
And then our board games found a home in the built-ins. Soon followed by all of our books, mementos, photos, and various tchotskies, knick knacks, art, etc., etc., etc. Basically anything that didn't have a home got shoved in along with everything else. It has been my goal to remove anything that doesn't belong in the family room and leave only things that we will use in that room, or close to it, and leave it in a beautiful way.
I hope to share the finished product with you on Monday. In the meantime, here is some bookshelf inspiration to help keep me on track and hopefully inspire you as well! Enjoy!
Family room. by simplygrove.
simplygrove via flickr

Downstairs book  case by Chez Larsson.
love chez larsson

via: remodelista

heather2
heather4
I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love this home of Heather Frazier of frazier and wing
via: design*sponge

Be sure and pop back in later today as I will be sharing my Aunt Dete's recipe for Buttermilk Chess Pie that is absolutely to die for! And so easy to make! Right Mare?

No comments:

Post a Comment