Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Corners

My earlier post inspired me to take a look around our home and capture some nooks and corners that I really love. For one reason or another, these are some of my favorite spots in my home:


This is our "morning table" where we have our coffee and surf. It's still in the dining room but we don't have to clear off the big table just for coffee. Plus the computer chargers are right there!


My crafty desk in our newly painted and organized office. Eric has since been using it for his work desk also, of course.

The couch in our TV room is the most comfortable of the three couches in the house. And as such, I end up in there a lot with a cup of tea and crochet in the afternoons while the baby is napping.

Our entry way and half of the "landing strip". By the way, it is usually not this clean! The bench I bought at Ironside last year and absolutely love.

And finally, my favorite spot. In Adelaide's room where we read and rock and play. This is, in my opinion, the coziest spot in the house. Maybe because of all of the wonderful memories that have been made here in the last four (!) months, but I love this little corner and all the time spent there.


Doing this makes me realize that these little spots are what gives a home personality and memories. These are places we gravitate to. Maybe because they are comfortable, or maybe because of the way the light shines through, for whatever reason, the little things are what makes our house a home (sorry for the cheese factor).
I think I'll make an installment of this. Photographing and sharing these little corners that make our lives more comfortable so years later we can look back and say, "Hey, whatever happened to that [insert object here]?". We can remember the right now and appreciate the anticipation and the space that comes before we start remodeling and painting and changing everything around here. Part of the fun of transition phase is the transition itself. We're on the cusp of something. There's a space between what was and what will be, and in that flux is something that isn't either nostalgia or hopes for the future. It's the right now, the present. And in dreaming and planning and preparing for changes that gets lost sometimes. Well not anymore! I want to remember my meager snacks, and the empty spaces without furniture, the white walls, everything that is of this moment... like this:

1 comment:

  1. I just had to read over your post again..and the best part, getting to the bottom and seeing Adelaide's sweet face..after earlier today, I know she's really peeved and thinking "what the heck?!" but she's too cute. Plus she needs to learn the importance of accessories.

    ReplyDelete