Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm dreaming... of a new... kitchen...

Eric and I have decided to tackle our kitchen/laundry room this summer. So far this will entail:
• Leveling the house first (90 years old, on a hill, and I am sure it hasn’t been leveled in at least 50)
• Tearing out the old linoleum floor and hoping beyond all hope that there are decent paintable planks underneath
• Tearing out the wall between our kitchen and dining rooms
• Moving electrical outlets to counter level
• Moving the stove and vent hood
• Demo-ing all cabinets and countertops
• Replacing the sink and faucet
• Installing new cabinets
• Installing a dishwasher/garbage disposal/new sink and faucet
• Installing new countertops
• Painting the existing wood floors like this
• Installing open shelves
• Walling up the wall between the kitchen and laundry rooms
• Painting
• Moving the dryer
• Moving and installing a new water heater
• Installing shelves and a countertop in the laundry room
• Hanging new pendant lights, installing can lights and under-cabinet lighting
and finally:
• Decorating and furnishing our new fabulous space!
Not necessarily in that order but this is the project I have taken on. Are you exhausted just thinking about it? I am!
I am hoping we can get a few of these things started sooner, but the majority of the work will have to take place over the summer and should be wrapped up by the time school starts.
Oh, and did I mention that I will be attending pre-natal yoga teacher training this summer for a week? It will take us a week to get to and from Espanola, NM so that is two weeks that will be lost on the project. Yay!
More on that later... but oh how I would love to fill my new beautiful kitchen with slews of handmade beauties like these:
or these:

via: into the clay

also via: cynthia vardhan
And although not handmade, I really could get on board with any of these:




all via: anthropologie
Oh dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment